Monday, August 08, 2005

National Day Celebrations

We had the National Day celebrations in school today. Had to drag myself to school at 6.30am! It was quite a feat for me as I hardly needed to wake up before the sun rose.

The weather wasn't that good this morning. The skies were overcast but the children were still assembled in the parade square. Maybe the organzing committee thought the sky would clear despite the threatening thunder? Anyway, it started to pour all of a sudden at 7.05am. It caused some major drama as the children were running in all directions to take shelter. Some naughty ones took the opportunity to play in the rain. Tsk tsk.

The wet weather programme was BORING! The match-in by my Scouts and Brownies were cancelled and so were the traditonal games for the upper primary. Instead, we sang the nation building songs over the PA system. I could hardly hear a thing!

Thank goodness the concert in the hall saved the day. There were cheers, mass dance, songs and a concert. All in all, the celebrations were not as bad afterall. At least the kids were all hyped up and excited about the parade tomorrow.

I've attached some pictures of my class. Let's see how many familar faces you can recognize.

K1

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home