Tuesday, October 16, 2007

Inferior Good

I have been advised by my gynae to cut down on carbohydrates. So things like rice, pasta, noodles and the like have to be reduced. Only problem is that its kind of difficult to totally abstain from rice, noodles etc. in the Asian diet. Anyway, I think I'm doing quite fine with the reduction of carbo intake.

EXCEPT.... I need my potato fix!! Those who know me would know that I'm quite a sucker for this inferior good... I like almost all kinds of potatoes and now I'm having some kind of 'withdrawal' symptoms from the lack of potatoes in my diet! That's why I went to MOS Burger just now and had a big packet of fat fries (in addition to the burger) for lunch today. Hahaa.

Wonder why the call it the inferior good in Economics... (BTW, an inferior good is a good that has the property that when a person's income rises the demand for the inferior good falls.) Potatoes are simply too delicious for me to resist!

2 Comments:

At 7:58 PM , Blogger amelia thinks said...

Why your gynae ask you to cut down on carbo??You haven't gained that much weight...

 
At 10:29 PM , Blogger The Klutz said...

The baby is slightly big, according to him... Seems like most of my weight gain has gone to him.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home