Thursday, May 15, 2008

40 years down the road

As I was walking at the void deck just now, I saw 2 ah peks sitting at those stone benches looking so frail and lonely. It set me thinking about my own fate 40 years down the road. I wonder if I'll be like them too. I think I'm kinda frightening myself too much.

I've got great plans to be as independent as I can be after I retire. Maybe I'll travel extensively? Maybe I'll stay home to look after my grandkids? Maybe I'll do some volunteer work? Of course, these are all subjected to being financially sound and most importantly being healthy enough. Sigh.

Only time will tell what lies ahead. In the meantime, let tomorrow worry about itself.

1 Comments:

At 10:03 AM , Blogger chocfudgesundae said...

Live each day as it comes, and live each day to the fullest. Afterall, the best laid plans of mice and men often go awry, so don't ponder too much about the far future for now.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home