Thursday, May 22, 2008

A cranky baby is an angry baby

Had another mummies and babies day out today. Gabriel was very well-behaved till we were in the car on the way home. 5 minutes into our journey, he starting fussing and it soon developed into loud angry cries.

It was 15 minutes past feeding time. 15 minutes only. I thought I could last all the way home. But the cries just got louder. I had no choice but to exit at AMK from the expressway and hit the nearest carpark to hit the hungry baby his dinner.

It didn't stop there. The moment I put him back into his car seat after his feed, he started to cry again! Hmm. I thought I must have been too quick to leave him for the driver's seat... so I comforted him and played with him in the car for a while till he was happy before I tried again, this time with the pacifier dumped into his mouth.

Nah! It didn't last long either. The moment my car turned out from the car park, he started to cry again. And cry did he all the way from AMK to Woodlands. My poor baby was really crying and not just seeking attention as he usually did.

And guess what? All this %&!)$ cars just had to travel at 80km/h on the first lane! Such inconsiderate pigs! I was sooo frustrated with the crying and the drivers that I did something I wouldn't normally do... I high-beamed them! Haha!

Ai yo... Gabriel's cries just got worse by the minute that I didn't even bother parking at the car park. I did an illegal park and dashed to the back seat to soothe him. Seeing him cry like that made me feel sooo bad!

Lesson learnt: It's better to be home in time for bed. It's not fun handling a cranky baby while you're driving!

3 Comments:

At 10:59 PM , Blogger amelia thinks said...

I TOTALLY know what you mean about the crying...but with Zac i have learnt to drive on! But his cries do get to me...and i feel so helpless too! Somebody should invent something...

 
At 7:32 PM , Blogger annethia said...

I am certainly not an expert but can any car toy help ??

I saw this around the shops and thinking it might be useful in time to come ...haha so will be happy if someone can try it out n let me know
http://www.tinylove.com/toy.aspx?toyId=71&state=toyTypeId=4@elementId=0@ageId=0

 
At 11:12 AM , Blogger Winter Chew said...

Oops. Well next time we shall meet earlier and go off before his bed-time :-)

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home