Monday, June 16, 2008

Fat and Fit

The difference between fat and fit is just one letter...

The Husband is an avid runner and had recently completed a marathon. His running bug must have caught on me. I've decided to do something about my life and taken his challenge to take part in a 10km run in October!! Yes yes! 10 km... doesn't sound like that much a distance (not 21 or 42 km!) but still... it has been a long long time since I ran. Since pregnancy to be precise.

So, I put on my dusty running shoes today and ran and ran like a professional runner / Forrest Gump. Took me about 40 minutes before I was satisified with my accomplishment only to be told by The Husband that my route was only 1km ++ !!!!

How can it be?! It's a big big loop around the empty fields at my place. I think one round must have been at least 2 km. And I ran 1.5 times of that! Now I feel so short-changed. I'm gonna use my car to estimate the distance tomorrow!!

Anyway, anyone interested to run the Great Eastern women's run with me? Running alone is lonely...

5 Comments:

At 9:41 AM , Blogger chocfudgesundae said...

hahaha... I'm sure The Husband was kidding you. With your running speed and with the timing, you'd probably have covered at least 3km. I'm sure. Use your car to measure the distance! Coz I do that too. :p

 
At 9:41 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

When is the run? I need to train up too :-)

Veronica

 
At 11:27 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Err, you wanna try out for the 5k first? I was thinking of going for the Shape run, as an unauthorized runner, just to try out the distance before attempting the 10k!

Menghui

 
At 9:25 PM , Blogger annethia said...

Oh... suddenly brought back the memories of the midnight running session follow by big fatty supper!!

THAT HAS BEEN AN UNBELIEVAVLE 10 YEARS OLD MEMORY !!!!!!!!!

 
At 8:38 PM , Blogger LWL said...

I signed up for the 5km Shape Run. Haven't really trained but don't mind running together if anyone is interested =)

Weiling

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home