Thursday, June 11, 2009

Childcare

We've decided on the possibility of sending Gab to childcare next week and so I've been rather busy these few days searching for somewhere suitable.

Well, the search was fine actually. All I had to do was to go to the MCYS website and by some magical click, a whole list of childcare around my area would be generated. It's the getting into the childcare that is the most difficult part.

You see, kiasu-ism not just starts from Primary 1. It starts all the way from childcare! All the centres I visited already had a waiting list for next Jan's intake! OMG! It's worse than Primary 1 registration (which hasn't even started officially btw). None of the centre could promise me a vacancy. It's all subjected to the graduating class and the number on the wait list apparently.

It just doesn't make sense to me cos it seems that a handful of the kiddies who are already in the childcare don't need them at all! I've seen kiddos who get sent to the centres by maids and grandparents. Why can't these children with extra help stay at home, attend regular school and leave the precious spaces for genuine cases like me?

There's still some hope though. I visited a centre who could gurantee me a space immediately only if I made a $50 deposit. Though that centre is not my preferred choice, I guess I'll better be KS and chope a seat first. In the meantime, I shall put my name on the wait lists of all other childcares.

Sigh. I'm not really KS by nature but situation has forced me to be the ugly Singaporean.

3 Comments:

At 5:38 PM , Blogger amelia thinks said...

Shocking right! Welcome to the rat race! If i had extra help i would consider opening up a childcare for friends only!

 
At 9:51 PM , Blogger Winter Chew said...

Welcome to the world of KS in children's world...

I have checked out some CC too :p

 
At 1:07 PM , Anonymous kwaychup said...

*faint*

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home