Saturday, February 24, 2007

Chinese New Year

Chinese New year came and went. This year's CNY is very different for me.

First, I had my reunion dinner at my in-laws. Somehow, it was totally different from the reunion dinner culture I am used to. Dinner was a quiet and relatively simple affair, completed in a mere 30 minutes or so. Back at my granny's place, reunion would take at least an hour with everyone slowly enjoying the food and everyone's company.

Secondly, I had more places to visit. Well, not exactly more places to visit... just have to split myself into many parts so that we spend an 'equal' amount of time at both families. I think we did a good job but I wished I could spend more time with my family.

Next saw me distributing red packets to my relatives. For the first time, my younger cousins were so excited to see me... you know why... Money does make the world go round!

It's just another few days before the 15th... so Happy New Year everyone! Huat ah!

1 Comments:

At 10:32 AM , Blogger chocfudgesundae said...

A different kinda CNY indeed. My CNY Eve was spent shuttling between 2 places. Like you, at my in-laws' place, it was a quick and quiet affair. At my place, it was noisier, maybe cause of my dad's booming voice. :p

Well, get used to it. It'll be like this from now on. Very tiring. Hee hee.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home