Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Chinese New Year


CNY's round the corner and I'm getting excited. Of all the festivals, I love CNY the most. Just think about the goodies, the smell of the gas from the steamboat, the new clothes and loud-but-mood-uplifting CNY songs!

Eversince I got married, I realised that CNY is not such a simple affair anymore. First there are gifts to buy for the families, then there are goodies that I'll have to stock up at home. I've also got to make sure everyone in the family gets some new clothes.. I'm pretty fine with that cos I get an excuse to shop =)

While I'm at shopping, I also purchase some new curtains, sheets or whatever I can get my hands on to add to the festive vibe. Oh! There's the compulsory packing of ang baos too (I like the smell of new notes).

I don't understand why some people my age hate CNY. It's a time to revisit my roots and strengthen our bonds with our families and friends. It's tiring no doubt but I won't exchange all these even for an all expense paid trip overseas.

2 Comments:

At 11:48 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

U wont!??! I totally would!
haha...

 
At 9:17 AM , Blogger chocfudgesundae said...

I agree with kwaychup. I totally would! Too tiring..... *groan*

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home