Tuesday, November 18, 2008

It's getting hot!

Monday was a terrible day for me. Gab suddenly developed a fever that simply would not go away. By the afternoon, he was about 38.8 deg C. Fortunately it went down slightly to something more manageable by the night. Or so I thought....

He started to hit 38.8 dec C again at about 9/10 plus and his whole body was really really warm. I heard stories about how dangerous high fevers could be to infants and was bascially a 'gan cheong' spider the whole time. One minute I was trying to sponge him, the other I was sticking the thermometers into his ears and pits. I'm not quite sure how accurate the readings were but I just did not get a consistent reading the whole time. (This added further stress to the situation) Sigh. And all The Husband could say was, "We'll monitor the sitation."

What's this thing with men? Am I over reacting?

Finally at 2am, his temperature rose to 39.5 deg C. Again I didn't know how accurate it was but somehow Gab's body just felt even warmer that before. I finally frightened The Husband enough for him to decide that we HAD to do something. So we sped off to KKH in the wee hours of the night.

The thing about hospitals is that it must have a scary effect on everyone. The moment we reached there, Gab's temp went down to 37.6 deg C and he was pretty much his usual self. Finally the Dr concluded it was some viral fever and after all the scare and 'adventure', Gab's current temperature is back to normal again. And all he was given was the paracetamol which I had been feeding him!

I just had to spend that $80 to buy that piece of mind.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home