Monday, September 19, 2005

Snow Wolf Lake

And the tian1 wang2 has once again proved his prowess..I watched the highly acclaimed Snow Wolf Lake yesterday, and for the full 3.5 hours, I was totally captivated by Jacky Chueng's voice. His voice (although slightly hoarse from singing for 3 consecutive nights, probably)captured all of the emotions that his character required him to portray, and every time he sang, I just lost track of everything else around me, and got lost in his soulful voice..

The storyline of Snow Wolf Lake is simple enough-- a Chinese version of Romeo and Juliet, with the 2 lead characters (ah lang--wolf, and xiao xue--Snow) facing many obstacles in the course of their relationship, with their relationship ultimately ending in the tragic death of Snow and the suicide of Wolf. However, the moving performances of Jacky Cheung, and his co-stars Yvonne Hsu and Chen Song Ling more than compensated for the simple plot behind this musical. I must say I was pretty impressed by Chen Song Ling's singing. Never knew she could sing!!.. In fact, I think I preferred her singing to lead actress Yvonne Hsu (whose voice is a tinge too sweet, I feel)...

Yup, the 3.5 hours in the Indoor Stadium felt very surreal, as I immersed myself into the beautiful and moving singing of the characters.. it certainly was worth the $$!..

~k2~

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home