Monday, March 12, 2007

Wimps

I'm back from the camp!! It's absolutely tiring. Had to spend my whole weekend recuperating.

Not that I had to do anything too demanding during the camp. My main job was to be around to maintain discipline, save some instances when I had to lift some girls' butts and waists so that they could climb the low wall or reach out for the monkey bar. Other than that, the instructors ran the whole show.

My most challenging jobscope while at the camp was to 'mother' the kids. Some of them simply cannot make it. I do not mean not being able to climb the low wall or nagivating the road in pitch dark.

On the first night, a boy came to me and complained of nose and mouth pain (What illness is that?), despite no signs of discomfort.

Me: "How painful is that?"
Boy: "Very pain."
Me: "So how? What shall we do?"

I dismissed him after advising him to drink some water and making sure that he was well, which I bet he was.

On the 2nd night, he came to me again.

Boy: "My stomach very pain."
Me: "How painful is that?"
Boy: "Very pain."
Me: "Did you go to the toilet?"
Boy: " I got no feeling of going to the toilet."

Once again, he stumped me. I was sure that he was 'chao geng-ing' AGAIN but I had to be careful. So I sent him to the sick bay. 30 minutes later when I went back to check on him, he was sleeping like a dead log.

There were also quite a few instances of boys missing mummy and couldn't sleep at night. Suddenly, all the teachers, especially the female ones turned into part-time mummies, comforting them and coaxing them to sleep.

OMG! What will the future of our nation be with wimps like them?!

1 Comments:

At 10:13 AM , Blogger chocfudgesundae said...

Hmmm... perhaps it's also a good way for you to know what kind of children you do NOT want to have in future. Make sure you train yours well. :p

Children these days just cannot withstand hardship anymore, so this camp that you had was really good. hee hee. But poor you. I could imagine how exasperated you were!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home