Monday, October 27, 2008

My virgin 10km run

What an opt title. I dun think I've ever ventured beyond 4 km. I never trained and 'garang-ly' went for the GE Woman's Run yesterday.

It was quite an experience though. Think my biggest enemy was myself cos I just don't have the will power. I'll tell myself, "I'll run to that tree/building then take a rest" but I ALWAYS end start my break earlier! Thus, I ended up brisk walking 1/2 the route. Tsk tsk.

Oh well, I still managed to complete the race in 1 piece and could make it home and resume my role as the slave to my son the moment I stepped into the house. For that, I think I've done well.

As for future races, I might have to think twice.

1 Comments:

At 10:48 AM , Blogger chocfudgesundae said...

The virgin run is always the toughest in terms of willpower. :p Continue to run and you'll realise it does wonders for training one's endurance!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home