Saturday, April 08, 2006

Walking rules

I feel walking on the streets (especially busy ones) is almost the same as driving a vehicle.

I propose that slower pedestrains must walk on the left lane and avoid hogging the right lanes. Also they should check their blinds spots before 'switching' lanes.

I face these situations every morning. Though its not the peak period when I walk to the train station, there are still quite a number of people on the streets walking towards my same destination.

Every now and then, I'll have to slow down my speed cos the one in front of me is walking too slowly. Then I'll try to change 'lanes' but some people just can't make up their minds where they want to walk, so they walk in the middle of the pavement, making my lane switching very difficult.

Other times, some will suddenly cut into my lane causing me to suddenly 'jam brake'. Totally disruptive to my speed walking.

There ought to be some walking handbook for pedestrains or sorts available in the book stores to make walking less stressful.

K1

1 Comments:

At 8:30 AM , Blogger amelia thinks said...

haha! I think its only cos singapore is too small and squishy! In Sydney...people only bump into you if they are trying to hit on you or steal from you! =) Miss all of you so much!!!!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home