Wednesday, August 15, 2007

Giving up your precious seat

I was on the public transport today and the attitude of the passengers will once again be the topic of discussion.

Maybe I was too slow in 'rushing' forward to the empty seats so I had to stand. That's fine with me actually until at the next stop when there was another empty seat. This time, I had to 'compete' with a middle aged aunty for this precious seat. I'm not sure if she saw me as both of us were headed towards it from different directions... let's just give her the benefit of the doubt but I was pretty sure she saw my disappointed face as she sat down soon after. So, I had to stand again! Thankfully, I managed to get myself a seat at the 3rd station.

The experience today led me to think about what some of us might had been guilty of at some time or another. My only conclusion is, if you have ever ignored the presence of someone who needed a seat more than you, then there's really nothing to complain about cos it's pay back time!

But then again, its kinda nice when someone gives up their seat for you to ease the 'sng-ness' on your legs and back. Next time, I'll be sure to give up my seat to those who need it more than me =)

3 Comments:

At 9:02 AM , Blogger chocfudgesundae said...

BAH! Those pple are simply RUDE! My goodness. Isn't it obvious you need the seat MORE than they do????

Singaporeans are still stuck in caveman times. *tsk*

 
At 4:17 PM , Blogger amelia thinks said...

I totally KNOW what you mean...sigh. I say you have to start young!

 
At 1:17 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

hahah...

well, I see people RUNNING towards the HANDICAPPED lift in the mornings at Raffles Place mrt..

quite hilarious actually.

i'm just waiting for the day when some kiasu klutz trips while sprinting to beat the closing HANDICAPPED lift doors.

THAT'll be a sight.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home