Monday, May 09, 2005

What Women Want...my version 1.1

..2) Love (cont'd)
Ok. So I beg to differ, but you know what, that being said, I have to admit that a teensy part of me still hopes to walk down the aisle to the sounds of Bach... *grin sheepishly*

3) A listening AND empathising ear (minus the "matter of fact" solutions)
Hm. I think that is why companionship is what many people look for when they're older, and when their social circle is slowly shrinking. What women would like, at the end of a long , hard day at work (or at home, at school) is a patient and listening ear. A solution may not be what we are looking for... just a willing ear for us to whine to..

hmm... after thinking about this (At the risk of sounding like a platinum member of Family Life Society), I think it mainly boils down to one simple thing > Love. At first glance, it sounds extremely cheesy and cliche. But if you really think about it, it's only with love (and not just the happily-ever-after love that's so often not the case in reality) that there can be respect for each other, compassion for the unhappy and suffering, empathy for the troubled ..and the list goes on and on... then maybe it's not so difficult to believe that the greatest commandment of all is "..to love one another .." as HE has loved us..

@~~@
K2

"I wanna make you smile whenever you're sad
Carry you around when your arthritis is bad
All i wanna do is grow old with you

I'll get your medicine when your tummy aches
Build you a fire if the furnace breaks
Oh it could be so nice, growing old with you

I'll miss youI'll kiss you
Give you my coat when you are cold
I'll need youI'll feed you
Even let ya hold the remote control

So let me do the dishes in our kitchen sink
Put you to bed if you've had too much to drink
I could be the man who grows old with you
I wanna grow old with you"

- Adam Sandler (from The Wedding Singer)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home