Thursday, May 12, 2005

What's your name?

While I was invigilating the Mother Tongue paper this week, I noticed that many of the children still used to classic name 'Xiao Ming'. A part of me couldn't resist but smile to myself. After all these years, Xiao Ming is still the much preferred name for the Chinese boy in a composition. As a primary school student, I had also used this name countless times. Even my teacher then often complained about our lack of creativity.

Walking around the class, I noticed that other than Xiao Ming, Xiao Hua topped the popularity list for girls name.

Then I noticed the top Malay name for a boy is Ali, and the one for a girl would have to be Siti...

And the top one for Indian boy is Gopal... but I can't seem to remember any one for Indian girls. I shall make it a point to be more conscious and pay attention to Indian girls' names.

K1

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home